Who is Companion Systems
We are a growing Australian software company who develops, markets and supports software for the Australian and New Zealand residential housing industry.
We are based in a great Parramatta location, close to various forms of public transport, as well as the cafes on Eat Street. We have a collaborative, friendly and professional working environment where we encourage self-growth and career development.
We are looking to expand our offering to our clients who don't have the ability to maintain their own IT, and are looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to assist us moving forward. As such we are seeking an individual who has the thrive to grow and develop them-self, has the technical skills, and also has people skills.
- We are seeking an IT Professional, to fill a permanent role in our software company based in Parramatta.
- The role will involve working in a small, close-knit team, within an Agile environment.
- The correct candidate will be responsible for assisting clients in setting up and maintaining their IT infrastructure. In addition you will do the same for our internal infrastructure.
The successful candidate will need to meet the following requirements
- Must be an Australian Citizen/Permanent resident.
- Be available to start immediately or with short notice.
- Have appropriate IT Certifications.
- Have the ability to speak to the client - talk to them at their level
- Submit a cover letter outlining why you believe you are a fit for this position.
- Administration, maintenance and rollout of hardware & software.
- Maintain IT Assets and Inventory Management.
- Server backups and recovery.
- Antivirus protection of servers and user desktops.
- Handle IT Support requests and calls.
- Continuously expand your knowledge to improve best IT practices, procedures and systems.
- Cultivate a growth mindset. Investigate professional development opportunities.
We are looking for a person with at least 5 years of experience in the following areas/skills:
- Proven experience in IT Support or a similar role including Systems Administration experience.
- Self-motivation and active problem solving.
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills.
- Excellent Time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks based on the business impact.
- Good General Knowledge about:
- Windows Server & Workstations (Active Directory, Domain Controller, Group Policy, Remote Gateway, Patching and monitoring, etc).
- Office 365 - setup and configure
- OneDrive & SharePoint
- VPN - server based or software based
- Security in particular phishing
- Backups and antivirus control
- Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls).
Having exposure to, or knowledge of, the following will be advantageous:
- Expertise in Cloud Microsoft 365 and Azure Architecture
- SharePoint best practices.
- Teams best practices.
- How to setup security (antivirus etc).
- How to setup and maintain backups. Knowing what to backup.
- Troubleshooting Domain Controller issues (Local Exchange, Remote access)
- Ability to setup and manage IIS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Meticulous attention to detail and documentation.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to think on the go.
- Ability to adapt solutions to smaller budgets or cost conscience clients.
- Ability to plan and estimate work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and standards, but also be confident with introducing new ideas wherever you think improvements can be made.
- A learning and growth mindset.
Candidates that make it to the interview stage will be required to
- Answer a small set of fundamental IT questions.
- Demonstrate their communication, enthusiasm, and personality.
Please submit your details, cover letter and resume via the website form on the main Employment Opportunities page.
Due to limited resources only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies to respond please.